Needle valves are designed differently. Unlike globe valves, which have a disc, needle valves have a tapered, long, needle-like point at the end of the valve stem. This is generally referred to as the plunger.
Needle valves also have a handwheel or a little handle placed on the plunger that controls the positions the position of the plunger. The valves needle-like plunger fits into the seat. Because of this special design, stainless steel needle valve can accurately and precisely control how much fluid passes via the valve.Needle valve is often used for hydraulic or compressed air system.
Our integral bonnet needle valve uses
Needle valves are generally used to manage flow and save delicate gauges from damage caused by sudden force surges of gases and liquids. They are perfect for systems using lighter and less vicious materials with low flow rates. Needle valves are generally used in low-force hydraulic systems, liquid, and gas services .
Needle valves can also be applied to top-temperature and oxygen service based on their materials. High pressure needle valves are generally made of bronze,brass, stainless steel, or metal alloys. It is vital to pick a needle valve with the material that is top suited for the service you need. This will support to preserve that valves service life and keeps your systems running perfectly and safely.
Needle valve key specs
- Temperature up to 600 F (316 C)
- Pressure up to 6000psig(413bar),10000psi
- Positive leak tight shut-off
- Sizes from 1/8 to 3/4 (3mm-18mm)
- Angle & straight pattern body
- Soft seat tip and metal to metal
- stainless steel 316
Permit smooth packing and adjustment
Rolled threads offered better cycle life
Accessible with angle and straight pattern
- Variety of end connections
- Male/female NPT threads
- Male/female ISO threads
- Include kp-Lok tube fittings
- Stainless steel bar is standard on all alloy 400 body valves and SS316.
- Black phenolic knob is standard for soft seat and brass body stem valves
- Black aluminum bar handles are generally carbon steel on standard. Other materials are accessible as an option.